11 Jul 2016

Summer Bucket List a.k.a plans I will probably fail to accomplish


I like to set up my goals and plan a lot. Like A LOT. I'm one of those people who on the New Year's Day are like "Yeah, let's do this! This year is going to be awesome! I have so many goals! I will achieve them! I will be awesome. Yeaaaah." And then I fail to accomplish them.

Look, it's middle of the summer and I just created my summer bucket list... list of things I will at least try to accomplish and hopefully I won't fail. But better late then never, right?






I guess my biggest plan for this summer is finally finish my novel Adrian Rebel. I haven't talked about it much on my blog, because it's still just a first draft but it's basically a fantasy novel about a 
princess Iris  who lives like a bird in a cage. She's locked down in castle and knows nothing about the country she will rule one day. And so she tries to get as much information as she can which leads to unpleasant discoveries. Oh, and not to mention she knows how to mix potions. So basically it's a story about her standing up for herself and being the queen she wants to be and the queen she should be, it's story about her not being afraid speak for herself and it's all about that girl power. Also, there is magic, dark creatures, lot of intrigues and rebels. 
I've been working on this idea on and off for two years now and it really got under my skin and I love the story but I just need to finish it, which is the hardest part. I'm currently on 18th chapter out of 30 so there's not too much left. I have two months to work on it. I should be able to do it. 


Oh yes, I haven't read Harry Potter since the last movie came out... which is a loooong time ago. I can't believe it myself! I use to read Harry Potter series all the time and now I don't really remember anything which is definietely a sign that I need a re-read. Especially with Harry Potter and the Cursed Child coming out soon. Also, I just completed my series in english so I feel obligated to give those new paperbacks some love... A LOT OF LOVE. Though I'm a little bit scared I won't understand to all those names because translation! Well, at least it would be interesting as if reading it for the first time. 


Talking about language, I need to work on my skills in German. You see what I did there? Smooth transition. But yeah, I've been studying German for nine years throughout primary school and high school and now that I'm in uni and study english, I don't learn German at all which is shame because I kind of like that language. It's difficult that's true and they put words together like no one else but still there is something appealing about it. I need to start working on that because I love foreign languages. 


This one is a little bit random, but I bought myself a compact camera this year after Christmas because I wanted to focus on taking more photos and getting better at photography. I was experiment with the camera, at least because of bookstagram, but I want take it outside and really play with the settings and macro and all that stuff. No, I have no idea what I just said, that's how much of an expert I am. I'm really happy with how the photos look because they are waaaay better than those taken with my phone. This may make me go outside more and go on adventures to different locations and I will have memories. 


My secret hobby and passion is baking. I LOVE everything about it. I love searching for new recipes, I love reading blogs about baking, I love eating cakes and I love watching people eat my cake... because there's no better feeling when someone likes what you baked. Recently I hadn't had time for it, so now that I have two months ahead of me, I bake how much I want. Last week I baked brownies with zucchini in it and they turned out amazing so I might share the recipe here on the blog if I manage to take good photos. Taking photos of book, I can manage, taking good photos of cakes, not so much. And I want to dive into healthy baking and all that kind of stuff and I think it will be loads of fun and deliciousness. 

Let's talk: What are your plans for the summer? Are you writing or editing a story? Do you have a series you desperately need to re-read / finish? Does someone want to learn new language? What is your secret hobby? Tell me in the comments below. 


8 comments :

  1. Good luck on your goals! I'm hoping to get further into my novel, too- good luck to the both of us, I guess!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll keep my fingers crossed for both of us! :)

      Delete
  2. This basically sounds like the most amazing summer ever! Food, photography, writing, Harry Potter...*sighs happily* My idea of bliss. I'm hoping to finish my book soon as well, so I hope you go well with yours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sounds like a pretty good summer indeed. Well, good luck with your novel too! :)

      Delete
  3. Omg this is a glorious post!! AND GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR BOOK!! I shall be cheering you on! And also stealing your zucchini brownies because they are DIVINE. XD My mum does a lot of flourless baking and she uses zucchini all over the place and it's awesome because it keeps things moist but you don't even taste it. And bonus you're eating veges so YOU CAN HAVE DOUBLE THE AMOUNT OF BROWNIE WITH NO REGRETS, RIGHT?? ;D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I need all the cheers. Don't worry, I'll be handing them to everyone. They're the best, it would be mean of me if I didn't share. But totally, it makes them moist AND healthy! Zucchini is the best. :)

      Delete
  4. These are great goals! And hello I just found your blog and have been reading posts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Hopefully, you'll like them! :)

      Delete